Vilnius city is approaching its 700th anniversary and its buildings, streets and squares are rich in their history. Many eminent figures were born, have lived and created in Vilnius. At the same time some public urban spaces are still searching for its identity and vitality. Some interesting places are still undiscovered, same as certain inscriptions, monuments or commemorative plaques which are not noted by everyone. In analysing Vilnius let’s find creative ideas in its past and present, however, let’s not be afraid to project visions for the future of the city with our own creative solutions.
Digital art can interact with architecture, volumetric objects are suitable for squares and engineering structures can serve as solutions for site-specific art. The city itself suggests various opportunities for the implementation of your projects and is ready to serve different creative solutions. Let Vilnius become your source of inspiration.
Main criteria for applications:
– Conceptual basis of the project (the project has historical, sociocultural context or clear meaningful interface with the selected location);
– Originality/innovation/visual appeal of the project (the idea of the project is not common, visually aesthetic materials are used, the idea is clearly fulfilled);
– Technical solutions of the project (selected solutions are effectively applied in the chosen location, the maximum quality result is obtained with the help of those solutions);
– Validity of the estimate (project costs are presented in detail);
– Scale of the project in the chosen location;
– Suitability of the project for different weather conditions;
– Original audio soundtrack.
If you would like to participate in the selection, you have to fill in the form, which you will find in the link below:
In case of any questions, please contact us by the following e-mail: email@example.com
Deadline: 15th of October, 2021